Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scheme from Scratch - Introduction

Scheme from Scratch - Introduction

The design and implementation of programming languages fascinates me. A programming language enables a text file to both accurately communicate to another person a problem’s solution and control a computer’s execution. The influence a language’s feature set has on the way a programmer thinks about problems and their solutions is an endlessly captivating idea. The world of programming languages is amazing.

I’m particularly interested in implementing higher-level languages in lower-level languages. I think I was attracted to Math in school because the construction of new ideas based on a small set of axioms seems like good, clear thinking. Building up to a high-level programming language from below has the same appeal for me.

No comments: