Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inverurie retailers

I paid a visit to Inverurie today, Sunday, at 10.30am, to see how the retilaers were doing. My main port of call was Inverurie Business Park, which had the retailers Acorn, Argos, Currys, Halfords, Homebase, Lidl . there were a couple of vacant retail units. I was particularly interested in Halfords from an investment viewpoint.

I noticed two things about all the units: they were clean, but fairly empty; Currys particularly so.


Acorn Pet Centres is a pet food retail chain. It also sells pet toys. It doesn't sell pets; except for fish and rats. It is a privately owned company.

Argos is owned by Home Retail Group.

Currys is owned by DSG International. I noted that an LG 32" 1080p LCD TV cost £349. A Samsung 46" 1080p LED back lit TV sold for £1199.

Homebase is owned by Home Retail Group. I noted that a smooth buff paving slab 400x400mm cost £2.99 each.

Lidl is German company.

I walked around the rest of Inverurie, and made the following notes.

Poundland is a British based variety chain. It is owned by an American company. It was quite busy.

Superdrug was closed.

Marks & Spencers mainly sold food, and it was not that busy.

Tescos was doing reasonable business, though, and seemed the most successful business out of all that I visited. It even sold windscreen wiper blades.

No comments: