Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Unintended humour

There are comments on the ADVFN AFF board suggesting some odds goings-on with the shares. Yesterday, posters were saying that you can sell the shares, but they were very difficult to buy. Today posters are saying "something's up". Apparently there's nothing on the newswires, and there's speculation that the shares have been tipped somewhere. Others disagree: "Yeah, this aint a tip! You don't get many £100k buys on the back of tips."

This is the humourous part. Someone said "Your typical RHPS of Momentum investor wouldn't really rack up some of huge buy orders that went through earlier." If you're like me, you have no idea what RHPS means. I Googled for it. Apparently, it could stand for Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's pretty funny, right? Investing in shares that you'd associate with the Rocky Horrow Picture Show. Like GMG (Game Group), perhaps. Man o man is that share a mess. Its banking covenants are even under threat. Googling further, I noticed that RHPS could also stand for Red Hot Penny Shares "guide" ... which is more logical. Still. Red Hot Penny Shares. Rocky Horrow Picture Show. 'nuff said.


I also like the phrase that I saw on a blog: "penny dreadfuls".


That's enough nonsense for now. Looking at the boards, I see that are some very experienced and knowledgable mining sector investors there. I mean, some of these guys really know what they're doing, making whatever analysis I do pitiful by comparison. My enthusiasm for ENQ (Enquest) is increasing, and I'll try to put together some of my thoughts as to why I think it has good potential. Be warned, though, that I am sure that there are others who could do an infinitely better job at analysing than me. If someone thinks they have a really good valuation case, then let me know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't underestimate your skills, Mark, or the fact that others can learn from what you have to say.

Keep up the good work, it's appreciated!

Wexboy said...

I like the phrase too :-)

Mark - finally got around to creating a Blogroll on Wexboy, and added a link to Mark Carter - keep up the posting, far more posts than I can manage..!

Cheers,

Wexboy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Wexboy said...

And thanks for the link!